Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sports Shooter


Time travel. Growing up I always thought it was impossible. After my last month, I completely feel that time travel is possible. Maybe not traveling back in time, but speeding forward. My idea of space and time has become distorted and days of the week no longer matter. Three days ago I was in San Francisco with John... wait... was that only two? A little over a week ago I was all over the southeast on a roadtrip, and a few days before that I was in Georgia going whitewater rafting. That seems like more than a year ago. I feel like I have shed my skin and the person that was on the river wasn't me. Does anybody else ever feel that way?

Today I am sitting in a hotel conference room in Irvine California getting ready for a week of horse race, track and field, boxing and volleyball event shooting.

In two days, I wonder how long ago this moment will feel. I'll keep you updated throughout the week on the progress of my sports shooting. I hope that by Sunday I will be able to say... "I feel like I have shed my skin and the person that was sitting in that conference room wasn't me." I hope that I shed my skin and become a much better sports shooter and by Sunday morning I will be much more confident in my sports photography.

No comments: