Saturday, October 10, 2009

The South

Dear Georgia,

Today I ventured into an unknown world- the south. It really is a different place, I was even nervous asking people if I could take their portraits- that never happens! Instead, I took photographs of shapes and color. There were so many times I wanted to pull over the car and explore an abandoned house, or stop and ask a family sitting on the porch of their brightly colored house if I could sit with them and take some photographs. I was driving with my mom- who often gets embarrassed with my constant photo snapping- so I didn't. Instead, I took many photographs in my mind and I enjoyed opening my eyes to other things on our journey. I got to taste the most raw apple I have ever bitten into, ate an almost full platter of fried green tomatoes, admired the peeling paint on regal old south houses, cracked open a boiled peanut that was boiled in an old oil drum and had my first pot of crawdids. The South is truly beautiful. Thank you for the adventure and putting up with my shutter clicks, Ma!




Love,
Chelsea

1 comment:

katie said...

chelsea, thanks for your comments... the eaw is INTENSE! ;)